Introduction

I write software for work, and I don't like that my typing can't keep up with my thought speed. After looking at various options, I decided to learn Plover.

I'm not the kind of person who writes blogs, but I'm starting to accumulate a lot of thoughts about the learning process and needed a place to put them so that it would be somewhere convenient for others to look at.

To be 100% clear, the primary purpose of the blog is to point out areas where I think improvements can be made. I'm doing this to help the community. This isn't personal, so don't take it that way.

It's human nature to ignore information that challenges your current views. So don't dismiss what I'm saying out of hand. When it comes to education, intuitions are almost never correct. Fortunately, there's plenty of actual science to draw on. Most professional can't be bothered to use it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't.

I don't have time to give citations for everything, but a good place to start would be John Hattie's original Visible Learning book that reviews all of the educational research that existed up until that point. Although that book is about K-12 education, it's a good place to get started. The current research on language acquisition is also very apropos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Picking a keyboard